This year is the 20th anniversary of the People’s Health Movement! To celebrate, PHM-USA is working to document the many experiences of PHM friends and partners from across the globe.
From our beginnings rooted in the call of “Health for All” in the Declaration of Alma-Ata to the founding of PHM in Bangladesh in 2000 with the People’s Charter for Health and our current efforts fighting the inequities put on display by COVID-19, we would like to document a wide array of experiences from across the movement. We hope that these stories can be an anthology to maintain PHM’s history and also be used in our country circles to showcase PHM’s work from the ground up.
As a start, we would like to use this collection of stories to share PHM’s work, gains, and hopes at the American Public Health Association’s Annual Meeting, in PHM-USA’s organized session, Global Mobilization for the Right to Health: 20 Year of Grassroots Organizing with the People’s Health Movement.
During this session, we will give presentations on PHM’s global and local work over the last two decades. And, throughout, we will also share people’s testimonies of their work and experiences with PHM and how the movement has worked from the grassroots to advance the right to health.
Please follow these guidelines in sharing your story
- Keep your video or voice recording to less than 3 minutes so that we can gather many different perspectives.
- If you are not able to submit a video, you can also write a brief statement about your experience in PHM.
- We have included some prompts about the importance of PHM’s past, present, and future to help you develop your story.
- If you are under 18 years old, we ask that you don’t submit a video of yourself unless your parent also is with you in the video as a way to document their consent. (We want to protect your privacy.)
You can use the following prompts to tell your story
- Share your city and PHM country circle
- What was your first experience or involvement with PHM?
- How has PHM or your work with PHM impacted your community, locally or globally?
Use any of these ways to submit your story (video, voice, written)
- Submit through this google form.
- Send it to this WhatsApp group.
- Email it to the organizers.
We look forward to hearing from you, and we thank you for your time! If you have any questions please contact Patanjali or Damian.