Members of PHM Canada met on 29 June to plan for the year ahead. The pandemic reinforced the need for us to reorganise our structures to be able to respond better to the workload, and we spent some time rethinking ways to move ahead.
This conversation about our internal organisation will proceed over the coming months, but the main foci of our campaigns will remain on:
- tackling the extractivist economy from a health justice perspective,
- supporting movements that resist the privatisation of health services and infrastructure, including long-term care,
- monitoring the systems failures in the distribution of personal protective equipment,
- building a critique of Canada’s implication in foreign aid related to global health, and
- challenging the role of global white supremacy on health justice.
Please get in touch if you’d like to join in this work.